I enthusiastically welcome you to Sierra Vista Middle School here in beautiful Irvine, California. Our students come from neighborhood elementary schools Brywood, Canyon View, Eastwood, Northwood, Santiago Hills, and Stonegate, and they also matriculate from non-traditional feeder schools as well as from all stretches of the globe. No matter where you went for primary school, we are thrilled that you are joining us for a top-notch educational experience here for seventh and eighth grade.
In order to make the most out of your experience, I have some suggestions to make your adjustment a little bit easier:
1. Be the best version of yourself – every single day. Know your strengths and just as importantly, know your areas of growth. Work on developing yourself in regards to your academics, behavior, and interpersonal skills.
2. Put yourself out there. Take some risks—join a club, ask questions in class, make new friends, try a new instrument. Remember that middle school is an opportunity for you to take on new challenges!
3. Advocate for yourself. Use your voice to express your needs. Others cannot read your mind; please make sure to practice respectfully sharing your wants and needs with classmates and staff.
4. Work hard! Effort goes a long way, and we want for you to always do your very best. Focus on what you are learning rather than on the grade, and don’t worry about making mistakes. That is how we learn.
5. Have fun! Get involved here at school by participating in activities like school dances and lunchtime sports. Enjoy being a middle schooler and all that we offer here at Sierra Vista.
These pointers should guide you through your middle school experience, and know that staff will also be here every step of the way to help ensure this is a wonderful experience. We look forward to partnering with parents as well so students understand that their home and school lives are intimately connected.
Now, let’s go out and make it an awesome year ahead of us.
It’s a GREAT day to be a Charger!